You will need:
1/4 cup flour
freshly ground black pepper
9 chicken breast halves, boned and skinned
8 TBS butter (separated)
1 LB sliced mushrooms
1 (8oz) package mozzarella cheese (or more to your liking)
red & green bell pepper rings
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Combine flour, salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
3. Melt 2 TBS butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute batch of chicken (3 breasts) until golden brown. Transfer to a shallow, oven-proof casserole dish. Repeat with each remaining batch.
4. Melt remaining remaining butter in the same skillet and saute mushrooms until tender. Cover each chicken breast with an equal portion of mushrooms.
5. Cut mozzarella into slices. Top each chicken breast with cheese. Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes, then put under broiler for 1-2 minutes to brown cheese.
6. Garnish with pepper rings